Axis Lightning Strike Counters are specially designed to record the number of lightning strike events, providing valuable insights into the effectiveness of your Lightning Protection System. Developed in our own lab and tested as per IEC 62561-6, our lightning strike counters are a proud part of the Make in India initiative. With a proven track record of supplying our counters to Metro, Solar & other Industrial Projects, you can trust Axis to deliver reliable, accurate, and durable solutions for your lightning protection needs.
Key Features and Benefits
- Comprehensive Range: Axis offers both Analog and Digital Lightning Strike Counters, giving you a choice of 2, 4, or 6-digit displays for digital counters and a 6-digit display for the analog version. This ensures that you can select the best option for your specific requirements.
- IEC 62561-6 Compliance: Axis Lightning Strike Counters are tested as per IEC 62561-6, ensuring that they meet the stringent requirements and tests for devices designed to count the number of lightning strikes.
- Easy Installation and Maintenance: Our lightning strike counters are designed for easy installation on the Down Conductor of a lightning protection system. With minimal maintenance required, you can be confident that our counters will operate effectively in any environment.
- Waterproof and Weather Resistant: Built to withstand harsh weather conditions, Axis Lightning Strike Counters are both waterproof and weather resistant. This ensures that they continue to function optimally, regardless of temperature or humidity levels.
- Made in India: Developed in our own lab, our Analog Lightning Strike Counters promote the Make in India initiative, supporting the growth of local manufacturing and innovation.
- Proven Track Record: With a history of supplying our Analog counters to Metro and Solar Projects, you can trust Axis to deliver reliable and accurate lightning strike monitoring solutions for your needs.
- Low Maintenance: Our lightning strike counters require minimal maintenance, making them a cost-effective choice for monitoring your lightning protection system.
Lightning Strike Counters are crucial for lightning protection systems because they provide valuable data on the number of lightning events impacting a structure. This information helps to assess the performance and effectiveness of the lightning protection system and identify if maintenance is required. Regular monitoring of lightning events can prevent damage to structures, electronic equipment, and minimise the risk of fires, ensuring the safety of both people and property.
Axis Lightning Strike Counters are suitable for a variety of industries and applications, including solar and metro projects, as well as any other environment where lightning protection is crucial including:
- Solar Power Plants: Lightning strikes can cause significant damage to solar panels, inverters, and other equipment, leading to costly repairs and downtime. By monitoring lightning events, solar power plant operators can identify the need for maintenance and take appropriate measures to protect their assets.
- Metro Projects: Lightning strikes can damage critical infrastructure like communication systems and power lines, causing disruptions in metro operations. Installing lightning strike counters in metro projects can help in early detection and timely maintenance of lightning protection systems, ensuring smooth operations and passenger safety.
- Commercial and Residential Buildings: Lightning strikes can cause structural damage and electrical fires in both commercial and residential buildings. Lightning strike counters help building owners and facility managers monitor the performance of their lightning protection systems and schedule maintenance as needed, ensuring the safety of occupants and property.
- Telecommunication Towers: Lightning can severely impact telecommunication towers, damaging sensitive equipment and causing service outages. Lightning strike counters can help monitor the performance of lightning protection systems and identify potential maintenance needs.
- Oil and Gas installations: Lightning strikes pose a significant risk to oil and gas installations, as they can ignite flammable materials and cause explosions. Installing lightning strike counters in these facilities can help monitor lightning events and ensure the effectiveness of lightning protection systems, minimising risks and safeguarding the environment.
- Data Centres: Lightning can cause power surges, damaging expensive servers and disrupting critical data storage and processing operations. Lightning strike counters can help data centre operators monitor the effectiveness of their lightning protection systems and take necessary actions to protect their equipment and data.
Installation and Maintenance
Installing an Axis Lightning Strike Counter is a straightforward process, involving loosening screw nuts, removing the clamp, and placing the ground wire of the power SPD or Down Conductor between the two screw nuts. Once the pressing plate, flat gasket, spring washer, and screw nuts are reassembled and tightened, your counter is ready to operate.
With minimal maintenance required, annual checks of the ground wire or Down Conductor connections are all that is necessary to ensure the ongoing accuracy and reliability of your Axis Lightning Strike Counter.
Axis Lightning Strike Counters provide a reliable and accurate solution for monitoring the effectiveness of your lightning protection system. Developed in our own lab and tested as per IEC 62561-6, our counters are a testament to our commitment to quality, innovation, and support for the Make in India initiative. Choose Axis for your lightning strike monitoring needs and experience the benefits of a trusted, proven solution.