Insulation Piercing Connectors are used on all AB cable systems (messenger wire & supporting system) to take a tap connection. This tap can be used to continue the line, distribute the line, used in street lighting or in service connections to households. The design allows the connection to be completely sealed against any water ingress, thus acting as a waterproof connector.
- Body: Black High strength engineering-plastic used for the mechanical reliability of the connector.
- Contact Plates: Tinned Copper or Tinned Copper Alloy or Aluminium or Aluminium Alloy.
- Fasteners: Galvanised Steel.
- Shear Nut: Aluminium or Aluminium Zinc Alloy.
Features & Benefits:
- Complies to National and International Testing Standards (NF C, BSEN, etc.).
- Tap connection can be taken from either side and grease filled end cap provided for safe termination.
- Easy and safe installation on live lines thus leading to less downtime during maintenance and installation.
- Connections are made without stripping the cable ensuring long cable life and preventing loss due to theft.
- Weather resistant and Waterproof (passes 6 KV underwater test) thus reducing distribution losses & faults.
- Contact plates allow bimetallic use and are suitable for Aluminium to Aluminium and Aluminium to Copper connections.
- Accommodation of a range of cable sizes and no losable parts leading to simple inventory management.
- Simultaneous tightening with shear nut design which prevents loose connections or overtightening.