Copper-clad steel stranded conductor is stranded by a certain number of single copper-clad steel wires.
It has the strength and toughness of steel, as well as the good conductivity and corrosion resistance of copper.
Compared to the single copper wire, it has the advantages of small density, high strength and low cost, and can fit perfectly and replace the traditional pure copper wire.
Why Copper Clad Steel Conductor?
- High intensity: CCS wire has higher tensile strength than pure copper wire.
- Lightweight: Lighter 9-13% than pure copper wire. Under the same wire size and weight, its length is 1.13 times that of pure copper wire. So buying 1 ton of CCS wire is the same as buying 1.13 tons of pure copper wire.
- Saving cost: CCS wire is much cheaper than pure copper wire, while its surface quality is the same as pure copper wire.
- Using copper cladding steel wire will reduce greatly the production cost while guaranteeing the same quality as pure copper wire.
- Reducing copper theft since copper cannot be recovered by scrap dealers.