MANAGER – SUPPLY CHAIN
What is the purpose of the role?
As we explore new market opportunities through product and sales innovation, we at Axis realise that we need a stronger focus on our Supply Chain by strengthening the processes on the ground and through SAP.
We have found success by creating strong processes and process control through SAP and now we need to scale up those successes. Specific requirements of this role would be to take these initial successes, improve upon those successes and make sure that processes are controlled at every level of the supply chain.
How will I get empowered & grow?
In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of the supply chain of a complex manufacturing company with thousands of different products. You will also learn how to use technology such as SAP to monitor and control processes in every step of the supply chain including import and export contracts, procurement, production, and quality assurance.
Axis also has a culture that promotes training, learning, development and personal growth. Learning Opportunities such as External and Internal Training Sessions, Org Wide Meetings, Coaching Conversations, Reading Books, Training Manuals are openly available to all.
Qualifications : Any graduate; MBA in Supply chain or Operations
Experience : 12-15 years in relevant industry
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities
- Plan, implement, monitor and continuously improve the company’s overall supply chain and logistics strategy and operations in order to maximise process and production efficiency and productivity.
- Developing and maintaining good relationships with vendors and distributors including managing a team with the responsibility for continuous appraisal of vendor performance and manufacturing ability through on-site visits and measurements and negotiating prices and terms with suppliers, vendors, or freight forwarders.
- Responsible for reading, comprehending and executing all import and export contracts and documentation to ensure timely delivery of all contracts meeting statutory obligations and safeguarding the company’s legal and monetary risks.
- Working with sales teams to forecast demand and inventories, keeping an accurate record of the process and analysing performance.
- Collaborate with other departments, such as procurement, production, quality assurance, finance and sales to identify or qualify new suppliers.
- Identify process bottleneck and implement solutions in a timely manner
- Keep detailed records, generate reports, and develop analytical presentations to help management understand the supply chain perspective.
- Review or update supply chain practices in accordance with new or changing environmental policies, standards, regulations, or laws.
- Document physical supply chain processes, such as workflows, cycle times, position responsibilities, or system flows.
- Forecast Accuracy, Stock Coverage Report & Daily planning sheet.
- Result Orientation
- Influencing skills
- Collaboration approach
- Coaching approach
- Project Management
- Planning and Review skills
- Analytical Skills