Earth Rods provide low electrical resistance with the earth to allow for the dissipation of currents. The Earth Rod is also resistant to corrosion because it will be buried underground for a long period of time.
Worldwide, Copper Bonded Earth Rods which comply with IEC 62561 Part 2 are some of the most popular Earth Electrodes. Axis Copper Bonded Earth Rods are tested rigorously to meet the highest quality standards, are approved by Utilities across the world and continue to be popular due to their consistently high quality.
Axis Copper Bonded Earth Rods are available in a variety of sizes and are also available with the cUL marking.
Testing of Axis Copper Bonded Earth Rods
Axis Copper Bonded Rods are rigorously tested as per international standards to ensure compliance. The video below describes some of the mechanical, electrical and chemical testing we perform to ensure the highest level of quality & production.
More Information on Earthing System and Lightning Protection Design
Earth Rods are just one part of the entire lightning protection system for a structure. We have published many articles discussing the details of the external lightning protection system and internal lightning protection systems. You can learn more about Earthing and Lightning Protection in the following articles:
• Introduction to the basics of Lightning Protection and Earthing and the Standards (IEC 62305 and UL 467) – http://axis-india.com/2018/06/16/introduction-to-the-basics-of-lightning-protection-and-earthing-and-the-standards-iec-62305-and-ul-467/
• Lightning Protection System Design and Products – http://axis-india.com/2018/07/27/lightning-protection-system-design-and-products/
• Surge Protection Devices (SPD) – http://axis-india.com/2018/12/08/surge-protection-devices/
• Lightning Protection Zones and their Application to SPD Selection – http://axis-india.com/2018/12/29/lightning-protection-zones-and-their-application-to-spd-selection/
• How does a Lightning Arrester work? – https://axis-india.com/2019/12/17/how-does-a-lightning-arrester-work/
For more information, please contact us at www.axis-india.com/contact-us/