MANAGER – MATERIALS
What is the purpose of the role?
As we continue to grow in revenue through product and sales innovation, we at Axis realise that we need a stronger focus on our Material Management by strengthening the processes on the ground and through SAP.
We have found success through strong processes and process control through SAP and now we need to scale up those successes. Specific requirements of this role would be to take these initial successes and make sure that Material Management processes are controlled to make sure that material reaches production on time without increasing inventory to unsustainable levels.
How will I get empowered & grow?
In this role, you will learn the ins and outs of Material Management for a complex manufacturing company with thousands of different products. You will also learn how to use technology such as SAP to monitor process control in every step of the supply chain including import and export contracts, procurement, production, and quality assurance.
Axis also has a culture that promotes training, learning, development and personal growth. Learning Opportunities such as External and Internal Training Sessions, Org Wide Meetings, Coaching Conversations, Reading Books, Training Manuals are openly available to all.
Position : Manager (Material Management)
Education : Any Post Graduate/ Graduate
Experience : If Post Graduate – Minimum 5 to 8 Years’ experience out of which 4+ years in manufacturing
If Graduate – Minimum 10 yrs. of experience
Key Responsibilities / Accountabilities :
- Inventory Control and Management
- To ensure Management of stock control through introduction of new innovative and effective systems in consultation with management and training the personnel accordingly
- To manage Company’s compliance to all regulations related to receipt and dispatch of goods to /from company premises i.e. matters related to GST compliance
- Ensuring Subcontracting procedure, legal implications and Final material verification of goods.
- Planning stores function minimize risks and complete tasks within estimated time frames and budget constraints
- To ensure Issue of Inventory report, IN/OUT status report, dead stock report, goods age report, consumption report, manpower status report to Management.
- Reviewing in timely manner context of the organization, knowledge need of the department and risk involved in the process
- To ensure implementation all systems that impact sell-through and to ensure complete delivery and compliance of the Store operations
- Ensure that workplace’s health and safety requirements are met and take responsibility for the security of the building and stock Responsible for building career ladder for their departmental subordinates.
- Responsible for training on ERP for any end user & trouble shooting on any function whenever required.
- Ensuring Implementation of Established Quality Management system throughout Department.
- To monitor material availability and Inspection and Follow-up rigorously with all three warehouse
- To follow-up for DI from sales and plan shipments according to client requirement
- To negotiator prices from vendors and selecting vendors keeping all the factors i.e. distance, location
- Follow-up with transporter until material reaches the client site
- Assessing availability of packing material to be used for export shipment is as per international standards
- Generation and Monitoring of E-way bill reports
- Manage discrepancies
- Decisions related to storage of material
- Ensure Maintenance of inventory levels once pre-decided, analysis is made available
- Authorized Signatory for Applicable excise formalities
- to stop issue, receipt of non-conforming products.
Skills & Abilities
Communication Skills, Computer Skills, Co-ordination Skills, Leadership skills, Delegation and decision making skills, Analytical Skills, Strategic Competency, Excise Knowledge, Handling of Commercial and legal Procedure Develop systems, procedures and subordinates.